Overall direction of the Network is set by the National Forum, which meets during the biennial DevNet Conference and is open to anyone to attend.
DevNet's governance is by the steering committee, which meets three times per year. Each Aotearoa NZ university has one representative. Associate representatives come from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the Council for International Development and Global Focus Aotearoa.
Current steering committee members:
- Regina Scheyvens (chair): Massey University
- Kelly Dombroski: University of Canterbury
- Doug Hill: University of Otago
- Andreas Neef: University of Auckland
- Mike Lyne: Lincoln University
- John Overton: Victoria University
- John Campbell: Waikato University
- Wren Green: Council for International Development
- John Egan: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Vijay Naidu (supporting member): University of the South Pacific